For just over a week now, my husband and I are uncle and aunt to a beautiful niece! I think our uncle/aunt senses kicked in at the same time, because early on the day she was born, before we were told anything, we both independently had the feeling that this was the day. Sure enough, when we decided to call and find out, she was on her way!
Both of us were so proud when we did get the final call from my brother. I think we jumped up and down a little and then had to run over to the neighbours and tell them. Baby news is just one of those things that especially gets spread like wildfire - everyone who is related or close to the new parents are just so proud they can't help themselves but exclaim it to the world!
I don't think I'll ever forget that call from my brother. You could just hear the joy in the way he talked about both his wife and new daughter. It certainly gave us a taste of the reality that our baby will be here soon too!
I know that the distance doesn't help, but I really hope that the two cousins will be able to form a close bond as they will be only a few months apart. We will certainly make an effort to for that to happen! Even though we've seen several pictures of her (which I've caught myself gazing lovingly at a few times), meeting our niece for the first time will be so special, even though it won't be for a few months. What a wonderful thing to look forward to!
No comments:
Post a Comment